Wednesday, May 21, 2014

One Young Man....Many Lives Impacted (Tribute to Daniel Louis Frawley 8/28/86 - 4/17/14)

It's true...one person can change, positively impact, help, love, and guide so many people...Even at the young age of 27.....

When Daniel Louis Frawley died unexpectedly at the young age of 27 on 4/17/14, his passing was followed by dozens & dozens of stories and memories shared from/by a couple hundred family & friends who all gave the same message...."Dan was such an important part of my life & he made such a difference in my life."

As family began to grieve, messages starting pouring out upon Facebook, on his page & in private messages, and then in person at each of Dan's two services (one in Kansas where he lived with his wife/3 children, and the 2nd in Canada where he grew up with his parent, Mike & Brenda, sister, Cassie & so many other family members & friends).  Incredible, heart-warming messages from friends near & far (Canada, Kansas, California).

All the messages with a similar personal view & feeling....Dan was such a great friend...Dan supported me in my own struggles...Dan helped me get through some of the toughest times of my life....Dan sent encouraging messages to me daily...Dan was always there for me....Dan accepted me for who I was....Dan never judged me.....Dan always spoke from the HEART....Dan reached out to me when I was struggling....Dan always gave me bear hugs of reassurance....Dan was always there for me....Dan was my BEST FRIEND....DAN SAVED MY LIFE......

Yes, our Dan, Danny, Daniel, Dan Man...our son, brother, nephew, cousin, grandson, friend.......Positively, unselfishly, whole-heartedly and unconditionally loved, befriended, support & guided so many people...so many friends.  WHAT A LEGACY TO LEAVE!!  And what tremendous comfort it brought to all of us who have been heartbroken by his passing. 

The loss of our beloved Danny has shattered our hearts and put a hole in our family, but our hearts are mended by, and the hole in our family, is being filled by the legacy he left.

What a way to be remembered in life.....One Young Man....So Many Lives He So Positively Impacted

Here's to you Dan Man!!!!!!!

May your legacy, your love, your passion for life & your kind-hearted soul live on in others - all those you loved & who loved you, and be carried on through our actions in our lives, and make the same difference in the lives we touch.

-Dedicated in Very Loving Memory, Honor & Legacy of Daniel Louis Frawley August 28, 1986 - April 17, 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Roll On Son

    How many bridges must be crossed to reach another trail?
    You should know my child, we've been down so many before.
    How will I weather, an incoming storm?
    Try to recall all the shelters that we have formed.

    Roll on Son,
    Your time now has come.

    Where does the water flow, so I may drink?
    Just cup your hands together, and gather the falling rain.
    What is there to feed me, in times of hard?
    Knowledge, passed on...becomes your feast.

    Roll, roll, roll on Son,
    Now your time has come.

    Daddy, which path, is the safest to follow tonight?
    The roadway above is the one I've always taken...
    Do you think I can travel the many miles ahead?
    I'm putting another log on the fire...soon you'll see the light that it sheds!

    Your time now has come,
    Roll On, Son.

    (These thoughts were meant to be lyrics about a dozen years ago, with the intent of adding music to it. I was going to have my brothers refine it once I made up my mind which sound I wanted. Then I was going to have it played for Danny to listen to and take away whatever he wanted to from it.
    Over the years, nothing sounded right in my head. I always thought I wrote it too long in the beginning and end to be put into a properly timed tune. So the lyrics just sat in the 'closet' all this time.
    But a few weeks ago, inspiration and several one-finger notes on an electric guitar brought the lyrics out of the closet and in 5 hours a song was hammered out. Finally).

    Apparently, Danny had already 'known' about the song over all these years...and gave back what he took from it.
    Good boy!

    ReplyDelete