I often forget about this blog until life directs me back to it as it's doing today. I had to search to find it actually. And once I did, I looked back on past posts...and just think WOW...life has thrown many curveballs...knocking me down many times over....And somehow....something inside of me helps to push myself back up again. We all of that within ourselves....we just need to open our minds and hearts to it...no mater what personal challenge, struggle, loss or deficit we face...After all...there's more to come in our life's journey....Another chapter to add to our story...And we certainly cannot turn the page if we remain stuck or fallen...We WILL pick ourselves back up and rise above adversity to endeavor all that we wish could be, for example, for our beloved loved ones who have gone before us. We would wish they could carry on...as they would wish for us...So we shall give ourselves permission to heal, grow and live joyously and fully the future that we've been given.
One thing I've been thinking about is other people....people in our lives (past, present, future) and people in our shared universe. We may be different people in terms of our individual traits, upbringing, the paths we walk, etc. Yet where we are one is in the fact that every one of us will be faced with adversities in our lives...and at more than one time or another...And we have the power and will to walk side by side, not in front of, behind or above others, in this thing called life and all the corners it turns us on. It's called compassion...and we have the choice to feel and share it....or stay stagnant in a self-absorbed or self-centered bubble. Maybe you're reading this, shaking your head and thinking this chick is nuts and way too wishy washy....And if you are...so be it. I know what and who I am...and who and what I want to be in life and to others.
In a recent personal conversation with someone, they shared that they feel they haven't done much with and in their life, that they've been partaking in the same hobby for much of their life, that they haven't done anything else or different, and that they won't have a legacy to leave....And in particular that when they turned 50 they questioned this about themselves. My response is this...You've touched the lives of every single person that's in and been in your life...And you also have the next 50 years to do anything you want...it's never too late :)
Another friend reminded me that "there is only DO or DO NOT." It's up to us!
Onward we go...

No comments:
Post a Comment